Back to Solutions & Strategies
Chronic Care Management
By blending case, disease, and lifestyle management, we guarantee a more robust and measurable ROI than traditional programs.
The Cost of Chronic Conditions is too High.
Chronic diseases are among the greatest health threats Americans face today. According to the Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease, more than 133 million Americans, or 45% of the population, have at least one chronic condition such as:
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Lung conditions
The Cost to America Today is Devastating, from Providers to Patients.
- Managing and treating cardiovascular diseases results in 79+ million doctor visits yearly
- Heart disease will increase by more than 40% in the coming years
- Almost 1 in 3 adults, or 31.3%, have high blood pressure
- An estimated 935,000 heart attacks and 795,000 strokes occur each year
- Cost of high blood pressure: $76.6 billion in services, medications, and missed work
- Total costs of diabetes: $174 billion
- Direct medical costs: $116 billion
- Indirect costs (disability, work loss, and premature death): $58 billion
- If current trends continue, 1 in 3 will develop diabetes and lose an average of 10-15 years of life
- Treatment costs for diabetes patients is about 2.3 times higher than for those without the disease
- Obesity is a leading cause of chronic conditions; one in every 3 adults is obese: almost 1 in 5 youths between the ages of 6 and 19 are obese
- 17.5 million adults have asthma
- About 25% of chronic conditions have one or more daily activity limitations
- By 2023, cancer, diabetes, and mental disorders will more than double without lifestyle changes
KEPRO is Ensuring More Productive Lives at Lower Costs.
KEPRO Chronic Care Management combats disease, reduces treatment costs, and helps your population live healthier, more productive lives. By blending case, disease, and lifestyle management approaches that change unhealthy member behaviors, we deliver a more measurable return on investment (ROI) than you get from traditional disease management programs. We use behavior change principles, educational tools and information, and registered nurse (RN) case manager coaching support to get chronic conditions under control.
We Carefully Assess the Health Status of Members After Recruitment.
RN case managers determine each member’s general and condition-specific health, and concerns related to all co-morbidities. We also incorporate the SF12 and the PHQ9 to assess each member’s general quality of life and behavioral health status. A case manager works with each member to create a plan of care based on the results of all assessments. We prioritize problems and goals based on the severity of the issues and each member’s readiness to change unhealthy behaviors.
KEPRO Improves Patient/Physician Communication.
In typical disease management programs, case managers work directly with members, with little to no interaction with the treating physicians. We empower members to work more collaboratively with their physicians and take control of their health. At the same time, we work in conjunction with the physician, as an extension of their team, to assist members in meeting their health goals.
Individualized Interventions Focus on Specific Needs.
Interventions are dictated by the number and severity of identified member issues, readiness to change, and availability. We focus intensely on improving the health of your members and boosting your ROI on a number of fronts by:
- Increasing health literacy
- Assisting each member to develop a customized and effective self-management plan
- Helping each member to adopt a healthier lifestyle
- Assisting all members in removing barriers to compliance with prescribed treatment plans
KEPRO Improves Outcomes and Lowers Your Costs.
We report financial savings based on:
- Decreased office visits or use of services
- Decreased hospital admissions and readmissions
- Member compliance with a prescribed medical plan
- Member ability to maximize activity and mental outlook
- Reduction of exacerbations related to complications
We also report condition-specific clinical outcomes, demonstrating the positive impact we can have on your members’ quality of life. In fact, we have increased compliance with prescribed treatment plans by 60% and the number of members with effective self-management plans by 75%. And we encourage each member who has graduated from our program to complete a satisfaction survey. We think it’s important that our members monitor us, too to guarantee that their experience lives up to our standards.